The region - including Idlib province and parts of nearby Hama - is part of the last major stronghold of armed opposition to President Bashar al-Assad, who has vowed to reclaim all of Syria, though his side has so far not made major advances in this latest assault. Air strikes by the Syrian government and its allies have hit schools, hospitals, markets and bakeries, U. Bombing has escalated in the last four weeks, killing and wounding more people than at any time this year, the non-profit Doctors Without Borders said on Wednesday night. At least 33 children were killed since the end of June, the charity Save the Children said last week.
He told the pro-government al-Watan newspaper that it would be good if Moscow or Tehran can find a solution through talks with Ankara, which has forces stationed in the northwest. The dominant force in Idlib is Tahrir al-Sham, the jihadists formerly known as the Nusra Front, and factions backed by Turkey also have a presence in the region. Discover Thomson Reuters.
- Behind the Lines.
- Edible Flower Recipes: Spring-Blooming Flowers.
- A Night to Forget (A Night to Forget Series, #1) (Emmas Story).
- Navigation menu.
- Documents Reveal Government Meddling in Syria Aid Delivery - Syrian Arab Republic | ReliefWeb.
- Class Clown 2 (The Ninjanimals Kidz Stories Book 5);
- The Path of Mindfulness Meditation: Finding Balance in the Midst of Chaos: The Application of Mindfulness and Vipassana Meditation for Personal Transformation!
Directory of sites. The rest were blamed on IS militants, the al-Qaida-linked group Hayat Tahrir al-Sham and other factions of the armed opposition.
- 7 Steps To Make Or Break Habits!
- The Principle of the Path: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be?
- UN report on Syria conflict highlights inhumane detention of women and children?
- UN report on Syria conflict highlights inhumane detention of women and children | UN News.
There was immediate comment from the government, which rarely comments on reports from foreign organizations. The report said IS was behind 10 attacks on Christian sites, five of which were in the northern city of Raqqa, once the extremists de-facto capital. The group was known for displacing and killing Christians in areas it controlled and confiscating their properties.
Syrian media report ceasefire agreed in Idlib
Hardest hit was the northern province of Aleppo, with 34 attacks, 24 by rebels and six by the government. The highest number of attacks by government forces - 27 out of 29 - was in the central province of Homs. SNHR's report also placed blame on Syrian government allies Russia and Iran, but did not specify how many of the attacks they'd caused.
Open main navigation Live TV. Full Schedule.
Live Radio. Live TV. English voanews. Learning English learningenglish. Shqip zeriamerikes.
Bosanski ba. Srpski glasamerike.
Azerbaijani amerikaninsesi. Central Asia. South Asia. Bahasa Indonesia voaindonesia. Khmer voacambodia.
Afaan Oromoo voaafaanoromoo. Bambara voabambara.
Syria | MSF medical and humanitarian aid
Hausa voahausa. Ndebele voandebele. Shona voashona. Soomaaliga voasomali.